Best Books For NTSE
National Talent Search Examination popularly known as NTSE is conducted by National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) for spotting talented students who want to pursue higher education in Science and Social Studies streams. This examination is conducted at two levels i.e. State Level Talent Search Examination and then, National Level Talent Search Examination. For both the stages, the exam is divided into 2 parts i.e. Mental Ability Test (MAT) and Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT).
Best books to refer to key topics are mentioned below:
|Study Package for NTSE for Class X||McGraw Hill Education||McGraw Hill Education||Buy Book|
|Study Guide NTSE (MAT + SAT) for Class 10th||Arihant Experts||Arihant Publications||Buy Book|
|MEGA Study Guide for NTSE (SAT, MAT & LCT) Class 10 Stage 1 & 2||Disha Experts||Disha Publication||Buy Book|
|NTSE Volume II Science, Mathematics and Social Science||Cengage Learning India||Cengage Learning India||Buy Book|
|NTSE (National Talent Search Examination) Study Guide||TCY Online||Wiley||Buy Book|
|NTSE Practice Book for Class X||Rashmi Sharma||Source Books||Buy Book|
Eligibility for NTSE:
There are certain criteria laid out by CBSE that should be kept in mind before applying for the exam. NTSE Eligibility Criteria for each stage differs. The detailed criteria are provided below.
NTSE Eligibility Criteria – Stage 1 (State level)
• The nationality of the Candidate must be Indian.
• Class 10 students can also apply for Stage 1.
• A minimum of 60% marks in Class 9 is required. SC, ST and PH candidates will need 55% marks in Class 9.
• Candidate must be studying in a recognized school from their respective State or Union Territory.
• Those who are registered in Open Distance Learning (ODL) program will also be eligible if they are below 18 years of age and not employed when they appear for Class 10 exam.
NTSE Eligibility Criteria – Stage 2 (National Level)
• Candidates need to score 80% marks or above in the State level exam, to be considered eligible.
• Every student who will secure the minimum required marks in Stage 2 will be eligible for the scholarship program.